The Cross-Party Group on Culture discussed A Culture Strategy for Scotland at its meeting on Tuesday 5 September 2017. Watch the video of the debate below.
- Leonie Bell, Head of Cultural Engagement and Culture Strategy, Scottish Government
- Allison Gardener, Programme Director, Glasgow Film
- Lauren Ross, National Youth Arts Advisor, Young Scot
- Heather Stuart, Chief Executive, Fife Cultural Trust
CPG on Culture, September 2017 from Creative Scotland on Vimeo.
If the video is not showing above, please view the video here.
October 18, 2017
Last week the Cross Party Group on Culture met to discuss A Culture Strategy for Scotland. Following on from this, please find below a note from Scottish Government colleagues:
Thank you for an interesting and productive meeting at the Cross Party Group on Culture on 5 September. We really appreciate your ideas, views and the enthusiasm for what a Culture Strategy can achieve.
Please find below some information about the current engagement phase of the development of a Culture Strategy for Scotland. We hope these are just a few of the many ways you, and your peers, colleagues and communities can feed into the conversation.
Our Resource Pack to support stakeholders hosting their own discussions around the Culture Strategy for Scotland, along with details of our planned public engagement events in Paisley, Dumfries & Galashiels have now been published on our website.
- Paisley’s Culture Conversation in partnership with Renfrewshire Council, will be held in Brough Hall at Paisley Campus, University of the West of Scotland, on Tuesday 19 September 1-3pm
- Dumfries’ Culture Conversation in Partnership with the Stove Network, will be held at The Stove, Dumfries on Tuesday 26 September 5-7pm
- Galashiels’ Culture Conversation in partnership with Live Borders, will be held in the Transport Interchange, Galashiels on Wednesday 27 September 12.30-2.30pm
Details of further events will be confirmed and added to our webpages in due course.
To find out more about the culture strategy and how to get involved, email email@example.com, you can also share your views on Twitter by mentioning @culturescotgov and using the hashtag #scotlandscultureconversation, or get involved in our online discussion forum.
Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.
The Culture Strategy team
Information courtesy of Cross Party Group on Culture email update.
September 15, 2017
The next CPG on Culture will be held on Tuesday 5 September 2017, 5.30pm-8.00pm at the Scottish Parliament in Committee Room 2.
The meeting will look a Culture Strategy for Scotland. A full agenda will be made available in due course, however we expect the meeting to follow the usual format:
• 5.30pm-6pm Social Discussion
• 6pm-6.30pm Panel Discussion
• 6.30pm-8pm Group Discussion
Unfortunately, due to room capacity we can only accommodate 60 non-MSPs at the meeting. We expect demand to be high so please RSVP to Kirstin.MacLeod@creativescotland.com to secure your spot.
Following the meeting, details of proceedings will be posted on the website
August 16, 2017