Are you a freelancer or employee working with a literature organisation in Scotland with the ambition and energy to lead?
Apply to our Next Level programme for 1-2-1 mentoring & training opportunities tailored to your career goals.
The Next Level programme is a pilot career development programme that aims to equip two mid-career arts professionals on the path to a senior position with the intended outcome of increasing diversity within our sector.It’s designed for a mid-career arts professional who’s either employed by or works as a freelancer for an organisation in Scotland’s literature & languages sector.
We particularly welcome applications from those who self-identify as a Person of Colour (POC), working class and/or disabled and their intersections.
- 4 x 60-minute, one-to-one mentoring sessions with an industry professional working in, for example, publishing, bookselling, programming, libraries
- Training in presentation skills and how to make an impact
- Shadowing opportunities and/or other training opportunities
We’ll cover the costs of:
- Travel expenses within Scotland
- A living wage stipend can be available where the successful applicant would not be paid for their time participating in the programme.
We consider mid-career to be someone with 4-6 years’ experience of working in the sector and who would not define themselves as working at senior management level.
This first round is for one applicant and includes up to 80 contact hours (10 days) over three months from February 2020.
Applications for Round 2 for the second applicant will open and take place in Summer 2020.
How to apply:
Download our application pack from the website and email the completed application and nomination forms to Jenny Kumar on firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering letter by the deadline.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 10 January 2020.
Tags: #NextLevel, career development, mentoring, training