Literature Alliance Scotland is committed to advancing the interests of Scotland’s literature and languages at home and abroad.
As Scotland’s largest literary network, we bring together writers, publishers, educators, librarians, literature organisations and national cultural bodies, to create a strong, trusted collective voice for literature and languages, which are celebrated locally, nationally and internationally.
As our organisation expands, we are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a Project Administration Assistant to join our small team on a freelance basis. The application period has now closed.
The role will provide administrative support to the Projects and Communications Manager, helping to coordinate meetings, and managing follow up.
We’re looking for someone proactive, well organised and with highly developed administrative and communication skills. With a great radar for everything happening in Scottish writing, you will also coordinate the bi monthly e-bulletin with up-to-date information of interest to professionals and organisations involved in writing and publishing around the nation.
Project Administration Assistant (freelance)
- 6 days p/m @ £120 p/d x 8 months
- Largely remote working with some in-person attendance for meetings and events (with travel expenses)
- Reporting to Project and Communications Manager
- 8-month contract: end Aug 2022 to end Mar 2023 with an initial three-month probationary period
- Scope to extend role beyond Mar 2023, funding dependent
- Scotland wide
- Provide administrative support to the Projects and Communications Manager – including arranging and minuting meetings
- Liaise with project participants, partners and LAS team around project admin and logistics
- Produce the bi-monthly eBulletin of literary happenings for members
- Assist with website updates and social media posts
- Transcribe and caption online events/ sessions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational skills and time management, with the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet challenging deadlines.
- Great attention to detail; you take pride in accuracy and can spot a typo a mile away!
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A high level of IT literacy and competence including experience of writing and updating web copy and producing digital assets (twitter banners, posts etc) on software such as Canva.
- Solutions-focused approach to problem-solving.
- Reliable, friendly, creative, adaptable with calm, approachable manner.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter demonstrating your skills, experience and suitability for the role. Please do not submit more than four pages of text in total.
Please send your application, including your completed Inclusion Form if applicable (see below), to: Jenny Kumar, LAS Projects and Communications Manager via email@example.com
We strive to foster an inclusive working culture. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from people who are under-represented within the sector, including from BIPOC applicants (Black people, Indigenous people and People of Colour), disabled people, LGBTQIA+ applicants and those from a low socioeconomic background or those requiring flexible working arrangements – and their intersections.
We will offer 50% of our interview spaces for applicants who meet the essential criteria and identify as one of the protected characteristics listed above. Please download and complete this LAS Inclusion Form to allow us to support this process and email it along with your CV and cover letter.
If you’d like to apply in an alternative format, please contact us in the first instance to discuss your requirements. If you are selected for an interview, we will ask if you have any access requirements or may require reasonable adjustments to the interview or assessment (if applicable) at that stage. We use Zoom auto-captions as standard. Please be assured that we will be supportive in discussing reasonable adjustments with you at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Closing date: 5pm on Wed 3 Aug 2022
Interview date: Thu 11 Aug 2022 on Zoom
Start date: mid to end Aug 2022
Any questions? Please email Jenny Kumar via firstname.lastname@example.org