Authors: join Creative Scotland and a host of publishing professionals for an afternoon of panels, talks and discussions, designed to inform and provoke debate around the opportunities and challenges currently facing writers at all stages of their career – including alternative routes to publication and the potential offered through new distribution models and digital channels.
- Update yourself on both the traditional and new models of book distribution
- Learn more about self-publishing models
- Understand the viability of e-book publishing
Featured speakers will include Marion Sinclair of Publishing Scotland, Davinder Bedi of Booksource, Laura Jones of 404 Ink, self-published author Margaret Skea and Peter Urpeth of Emergents.
DATE: Monday 12 March 2018
VENUE: Grassmarket Community Project, 86 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QA
FREE but ticketed: Book via Eventbrite
12:45 – Welcome, registration & coffee
13:00 – PANEL: Something Old, Something New: Approaches to Book Distribution
With Marion Sinclair (Publishing Scotland), Davinder Bedi (Booksource), Laura Jones (404 Ink)
14:30 – Comfort Break
15:00 – TALKS:
- The Road Less Travelled with Peter Urpeth, Emergents
- Hybrid/Self-publishing and E-books, Margaret Skea, author
16:30 – Event close