Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre invites established international poets to apply for their International Writers’ Residency in 2019.
The successful candidate will receive a month-long residency with time and space to develop their work, as well as opportunities to expand their practice.
The final terms of the residency will be agreed by the successful candidate and Moniack Mhor.
This international residency is open to international established/mid-career poets living or working outside of the UK. To be eligible, applicants must have published at least one major work.
Please apply by sending:
- A CV that covers your literary achievements
- An A4 covering letter and personal statement that outlines your intentions for the residency
- A sample of your work (maximum of 6 poems, doubled spaced and single sided)
Deadline for applications is 5 PM on Sunday October 14th.
Send applications to email@example.com
For any enquiries relating to the fellowship please contact Rachel Humphries, Centre Director – firstname.lastname@example.org or Eilidh Smith, Programme Manager – email@example.com
September 25, 2018
Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre is inviting established writers to apply for the Jessie Kesson Fellowship in 2019. This award was established in 2009 by Moniack Mhor to honour Jessie Kesson’s inspirational life and work.
The successful candidate will receive time and space to develop their work, as well as opportunities to expand their practice. This includes a stipend of £350 per week, plus accommodation. The successful applicant will:
- Live on-site in the cottage at Moniack Mhor from Monday March 4thto 26th, 2019.
- Have the opportunity to deliver three or four creative writing workshops based on or inspired by Jessie Kesson’s life and work in local schools, libraries or community centres.
- Take a role in hosting a public evening event in the form of a reading or lecture.
- Have the option to contribute one piece of work to Moniack Mhor at the end of the residency.
The final terms of the Fellowship will be agreed by the successful candidate and Moniack Mhor.
Apply by 12noon on Friday 19 October 2018.
The fellowship is open to established writers (fiction and non-fiction). To be eligible for the fellowship applicants must have published at least one novel, one short story collection, one poetry pamphlet or had one professional production of their work staged. It is also essential that applicants have experience of delivering workshops or working with children and young people and/or community groups. The Fellowship is open to UK based writers and international writers. Only travel costs within the UK will be covered by the Fellowship.
Please apply by sending:
- A CV which includes previous experience of work with young people and/or community groups
- A covering letter demonstrating your qualifications for the fellowship and how it would benefit you
- A sample of your work (maximum 2000 words, or 6 poems, doubled spaced and single sided)
Applications should be sent by 12 noon on Friday 19 October 2018 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Jessie Kesson Fellowship or by post to Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre, Teavarran, Kiltarlity, IV4 7HT.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19 November 2018 at Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre or by skype.
For any enquiries relating to the fellowship please contact Eilidh Smith, Programme Manager email@example.com or telephone 01463 741 675.
September 12, 2018