The Hardship Fund is to support creative freelancers working in Scotland who are experiencing immediate financial hardship due to the loss of income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s for freelance professionals in Scotland whose work has direct creative outcomes. This can include (but is not limited to) a writer or maker of poetry, prose or fiction, a playwright, a visual artist, actor or theatre-maker, a comedian, dancer, musician, craft-maker or designer. You will derive a significant proportion of your income from your role in creating or producing original artistic, creative or design material.
- The fund offers a one-off monetary contribution of between £500 – £2000
- If you have specific access needs, you can request more than this
- No deadlines – the fund will only stay open for as long as the funds are available with each of the delivery partners
- Applicants must first register on the Creative Scotland online application portal which opens at noon on Mon 26 Oct 2020 on the Hardship Fund page
- Then you will be directed to the funding delivery partner to complete your application
- The Society of Authors is the delivery partner distributing £600k for Scotland’s writers, illustrators and translators.
For more info & guidance – https://www.creativescotland.com/funding/funding-programmes/hardship-fund-for-creative-freelancers